Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

The Berkshires

Albany baby burns to death in radiator accident

  • Text size: + -
Albany/HV: Albany baby burns to death in radiator accident
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

NEW YORK CITY -- A one-year-old girl from Albany died in New York City after she was severely burned by a radiator in her grandmother's apartment.

Police say Gabriela Grimes and her four-year-old sister were visiting their grandmother at her Manhattan apartment. They say the grandmother put the two girls to bed, and everything was okay when she checked on them around 2 a.m. Tuesday.

Police say when the grandmother checked in again at 6 a.m., she found one-year-old Gabriela wedged between the bed and a hot radiator. The baby was rushed to St. Luke's Hospital, where officials say she later died.

The grandmother is not facing any charges.

10.11.12.247 ClientIP: 54.226.173.169, 23.15.7.118 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP